Wednesday 20 July 2011

Wikis: one of today's learning sites

Very interesting tool, I can see the benefits of the collaborative effect of using wikis to brainstorm ideas. Wikipedia of course, being the most well known example. I have always had a problem with the authoritativeness of wikipedia but do use it to get to better sites so I guess it is very useful. I have a small problem with the fact that anyone can change things but I think that's why I prefer other tools such as my blog or google reader or delicious even. For library purposes however what a great way to engage clients, with new book lists, reviews, descriptions so that the catalogue ends up being sort of annotated. As a flexible student nothing is more irritating than ordering a book from the catalog then when you receive it is not what you need some sort of wiki links could get around this.

Anyway I found this site by a good old google search http://librarywikis.pbworks.com/w/page/17064487/FrontPage it looks interesting to me. Though it doesn't appear to have been updated recently at all.

2 comments:

  1. I found that a lot of the wikis that I looked at had not been updated/changed for a some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I had a quick look at this site. Maybe its the mood I am in, perhaps I am tired but I did not find it inspiring.

    ReplyDelete